WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) – The Watertown City School District has a brand new look for the new year.
The logo was revealed during the Board of Education meeting on Tuesday, January 16. There are a number of logos that were crafted by Ryan DeTomi in collaboration with input from stakeholders within the community.
A press release from the district said the logos “encapsulate the essence of the Watertown City School District. The unveiling marks a significant milestone in our ongoing efforts to visually represent the strength and pride within our educational community.”
Here are the key features for the new logo:
- Purposeful collaboration with stakeholders: RyanDeTomi Designs incorporated diverse perspectives from stakeholders within the Watertown City School District to ensure the logos resonate with our entire community.
- Board and community presentation: The logos were officially presented at the Board of Education meeting on January 16, where they garnered positive feedback and endorsement from our esteemed Board members and community members alike.
- Unity as a central theme: The logos symbolize unity, capturing the spirit of collaboration and togetherness that defines our educational community. The three white lines on the inside the hood of the cyclone represent a W for Watertown.
- Presenting our new mascot logo: A spirited mascot logo was infused with gold as the third core color, this dynamic symbol embodies strength and school spirit, enhancing our visual identity and fostering a deep sense of pride within our educational community.
- The Watertown City School District retains exclusive ownership of the new logos, establishing them as integral intellectual property.
Our new logos beautifully represent the unity and pride that define our school district. They are a testament to the collaborative efforts of our community stakeholders, and we believe they will become a symbol of #CyclonePride.
Dr. Larry C. Schmiegel, Superintendent of the Watertown City School District
Powered by News Channel 9.