More than three years after Britney Spears accidentally burned her home gym down, the pop star took to Instagram to share the extent of the damage.
“Reflecting back remembering when I burnt the gym down in 2020,” she captioned a shocking photo on Monday night (Dec. 18), in which the charred basement is seen full of burnt workout equipment, including dumbbells, kettlebells, treadmills, spin bikes and more. All the equipment, as well as the floor, is torched and covered in ash.
Back in April 2020, Spears revealed that she accidentally burned down her home gym due to some candles. “It was an accident …. but yes …. I burnt it down,” she wrote in the caption. “I walked past the door to the gym and flames [fire emojis] BOOM !!!!!! By the Grace of God the alarm went off after that and yippy hoorah nobody got hurt. Unfortunately now I have only two pieces of equipment left lol and a one-sided mirror gym!!!!! But it could be much worse so I’m grateful. Pssss I like working out better outside anyways.”
Spears has previously had accidents with candles, as back in 2002, People reported that while on vacation in New York City, the pop star almost torched the apartment she was staying in after accidentally leaving a candle lit while out shopping. “Spears’ mother reveals that Britney’s candle fetish sparked an earlier fire in the family’s Louisiana home,” the article reads, citing another candle incident. “Lynne Spears says her famous kid somehow set her bathroom aflame with a misplaced candle.”
Powered by Billboard.